|The youth team with the giraffes|
June 16, 2011
1) Americans use over 100 L of water a day per person, whereas, Rwandans use 30L for a family of 5, if they're lucky.
2) $1 = 602.5 Rwandan Francs (RWF)
3) "Muharo" means hello in Kiryrwandan
June 17, 2011
1) Street kids could have been kick out of their house as early as 8
2) The ladies at Ubizima sang Happy Birthday to Ryan in 3 languages
3) "Biteh" is hello for young kids in Kiryrwandan
4) We like your comments
June 18, 2011
1) The Rwandan slang term for minibus translates to "squish" in English
2) There are 525 species of birds in the Akorka National Park
3) There are always toothpicks on the Rwandan dinner tables, and it's perfectly acceptable to use them
June 19, 2011
1) Rwanda's nickname is "Land of a thousand hills"
2) Prune juice in Rwanda is not prunes, but tree tomatoes.
3) Do no expect to get your food in under an hour in Rwandan restaurants. Fresh baguette means they bake it from scratch.